Monday, August 3, 2009

Brilliant Minds...

Here's another one for the "Why didn't I think of that?" file.



When I showed this handy invention to my husband, he was very interested in the mechanics of it. Then he saw the price. "It's $175, for a clothesline!" "Wait, honey, that's in Canadian Dollars." And I clicked the price conversion button... and it was still $163. So much for the power of the Almighty American Dollar, huh?
 Well, it's still a neat invention.

Here's another neat invention, from the mind of my 6-year-old son. He was helping me hang laundry, pushing the very full, heavy basket along the ground as we walked down the line. Breathing hard in the oppressive Kansas heat, he said, "Mom, they should make these things with wheels." Then I saw that "AHA!" light hit his eyes, and in a flash, he was sprinting across the backyard to the shed. He quickly returned with his trusty Red Flyer wagon. I helped him lift the basket in, and "AHA!" indeed! I don't have to bend over to pick laundry out of the basket anymore! (Boy, I wish he had thought of this while I was pregnant!) Bonus: The bottom of the basket doesn't get dirty from scooting it along the ground.) Even better? My two-year-old can now "help" me hang laundry. He just pulls the basket inch by inch as I move along the line, hanging or taking clothes down.

Who needs fancy, expensive laundry lines, anyway? My toddler, our Red Flyer and I are doing just fine.

Wishing you sunny skies and stiff breezes today!

Now get to work!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is very cool!

Mary Q Contrarie said...

That is fun. I just bought a new clothes drying rack that I can spin around and load and unload off of with out moving.