Friday, August 21, 2009

Swiffer, Take Three

I know, I know. I promise I don't have stock in the Swiffer company! I simply acknowledge that they have created some great products that make keeping our homes orderly. Still, I am not alone in acknowledging the cost these convenient products incur.
Last week Barbara wrote in and said:

"Heidi, i would love a non-sewn Swiffer DUSTER cover! you know, the hand held ones? I LOVE my Swiffer, but yikes! I cannot spend $4 a week or so on a box of tops...any suggestions?"

Barbara, here is a great pattern:




It does require a little sewing, but they are straight stitches. I'm sure if you aren't able to sew it, you could easily recruit someone who could! Consider it a homeschool project for a child near you. :) The great thing about using microfiber cloths is that you can pop it out of the holder and into the washing machine. Whip up a few and you'll never have to buy Swiffer duster tops again! Score!

Have fun dusting!

Now get to work!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thank Heidi! I'll look for some of that at Hobby Lobby, and let the boys make me a few ;-)

marineswife said...

What a fabulous idea!!

and please! Make it easier to respond..no word verification!!!