Friday, April 23, 2010

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple, Sweetie! That's the theme of today's post from guest blogger Adrienne. Enjoy reading, and feel free to leave a comment!

____________________________________________________________________________

One of my worst failings is that I try to be perfect in every regard. I'm not sure where I got that idea given the title of my favorite book. While that may have been a nice line in one of my favorite movies, it hasn't worked so well in my housekeeping. In fact, it's really backfired on me!

For example, it sounds nice to have a cleaning bucket that I carry from room to room. And in fact, in our last apartment, it was necessary, just to save the space. Now that our apartment is twice as big and my two kids are twice as busy, it's just not practical anymore! I decided to put one of each necessary cleaning item in each bathroom, and I bought a second mop and broom for the upstairs. It's so much faster not having to run upstairs and down for those forgotten items, and it's much easier to be motivated to "just do it" when I have a free minute with everything right there.

Heidi talks about wiping down bathrooms every day with just a Clorox wipe. When it was just my husband and I and one baby, it was a little bit over-kill, so I got in the habit of doing an extra good scrubbing once a week as opposed to the daily wipes with a monthly scrub down. It worked... until I had two small children with another on the way. Guess what I'm doing now?!

My point is, there is nothing wrong using time-saving shortcuts to clean your house. We don't get any extra jewels in our mommy crown for being the perfect Suzy Homemaker and doing things the way our grandmothers had to. So do yourself a favor and find ways to make your job easier. You'll be glad you did and you'll be happier with having a cleaner home to enjoy living in! Now stop thinking about it, and just do it... the simple way!





_________________________________________________________________________

Now get to work!

Photobucket

No comments: